Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St Joseph

For today, nothing will do so well as to thank God for Pope Francis. All around the world, people have begun to see him as a sign of hope for the church, the whole church. And that's what he spoke about in his homily this morning: hope.

We watched his first appearance with surprise, with curiosity, and then with great joy. As he asked the crowds in St Peter's square to pray for him, I was overcome with gladness. I hope that my sons will remember that moment all their lives, and will recall the tears in my eyes. We prayed for him before the conclave began, without knowing for whom we prayed. We have prayed for him since, with happiness in our hearts.

Read his homily. I have nothing anywhere near as inspiring to say.

Deo gratias, Deo gratias.

No comments:

Post a Comment